Slack integration consists of 2 parts:
1. Slack configuration
2. AutoOps configuration
- Go to https://
.slack.com/apps – we will use https://opster.slack.com/apps as an example – and click “Manage” on the upper right corner.
- From the left menu, select “Custom Integrations”.
- Select “Incoming WebHooks”.
- Click “Add to Slack”.
- Select the Slack channel you want the notifications to be sent to. Then, click “Add Incoming Webhooks Integration”.
- Note down webhook URL.
- Save the setting by hitting the button at the end of the page.
- Open AutoOps and go to “User Profile”. Then, select “Notifications”.
- Click the “Add” button and select “Slack” form the dropdown
- Name your endpoint and add the webhook URL from Slack Configuration step 6. Click the validate button to see that your notification setting is working. Don’t forget to save your notification endpoint!
- To receive Slack notifications, you need to add a notification filter. Scroll down the “Notification” page and click the “Add” button.
- Fill in the filter details.
- Select the events that should be sent to this output.