Please follow the instructions below to connect your clusters to Opster AutoOps.
Opster uses Metricbeat to connect to the Elasticsearch/OpenSearch API endpoint. Metricbeat does not access any of the data stored on the cluster and only fetches telemetrics (stats and metrics) regarding the cluster behavior and status.
Some of the APIs’ endpoints:
- /_cat/shards – https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cat-shards.html
- /_nodes/stats – https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cluster-nodes-stats.html
- /_cluster/settings – https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cluster-get-settings.html
- /_cluster/health – https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cluster-health.html
- /_nodes/hot_threads – https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/cluster-nodes-hot-threads.html
- / – this just accesses the cluster name, id and is treated as Ping API
If you want to set a specific user for the Opster agent in order to limit the access, the following user role permissions are required:
- Managed Elasticsearch: monitoring_user, snapshot_user
- Cluster Permission: cluster_monitor, indices_monitor, manage_snapshots
- Index Permission: indices_monitor for all indices
- If you’re required to open an IP/Port on your FW to ship the data, please add the following:
- Address: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
- Port: 5044
- Fill in this short form that will help us understand your environment.
- To open a new account for Opster, go to AutoOps.
- Fill in all the fields, and insert the invitation code sent to you via email.
4. Click Sign Up.
5. On the next screen, please click on “Connect your cluster via Metricbeat”.
6. This is where you can choose among the different shipping types we support and see the specific instructions for each of them. You will be able to select whether or not each will require authentication. If you’re using Managed Elastic Service, basic authentication is required.
7. To add more users to the account, you can select Team Management.
8. To get back to the settings screen, click on the yellow circle on the left.
9. To login to AutoOps at any time you can visit this link.
Please let us know how it goes and if you need any assistance in setting this up.